Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: Hondata Group Buy under way!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1QuickSI:
    Unless you already have RC injectors installed then they are PnP smile

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Okay, you guys are way over my head here...don't know anything about OBDII or PnP...I have a 95 GSR w/ OBD 1 ECU and stock injector...Is this mean I have to purchase the OBD II clip ($30 or whatever mentioned above) for the new RC440cc? Simple yes or no will do biggrin

  2. #12
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ITR1416:
    I defenitly want in, I'll send you an email on it. But I'm starting to get confused and let me through this out here and hope someone can answer it for me. I have a 2000 ITR with the JR 5.5psi kit. I want to stage 3b system. What exactly is included for the groupbuy price? I know that it's $790 with boost. Does that include an OBD1 computer or do we have to find our own to have reprogrammed? You also have to buy the injectors? And the adapter harness? Am I missing anything else? I want to buy it all at once and not be piecing it together later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    ITR461, the price will only be for the Hondata. You'll need to purchase the harness and OBD1 ecu for your car as well as injectors.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I'm DEFINATELY in...little saving is better than nothing. Thanks Steven for all your effort in putting together this deal.

    Stage 2 w/ boost
    RC 440cc

    Question:
    I have a 95 GSR (OBD I), so I guess I don't need anything (ECU/harness etc). Do I need to buy the clip for the new RC 440cc injectors ($30?)
    Also, this Hondata intake gasket (free?), will I have to pull the blower to put it in? It would suck a** if I do. frown
    And finally, do I ship my ECU in if for modification?

  4. #14
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    All I can say is I did my best. HonData does not do group buys and Doug has openly told me he does not believe in them as the 5%-10% does not typicaly generate alot of business vs the amount of work a group buy takes. I am personaly off loading as much work from Doug as possible. I have only spoken to Doug once on the phone (today) through out the entire process although we did trade quite a bit of e-mail.

    Remember this required the dealers to also agree to the prices as it is their profits that we are cutting in to and not HonData since each purchase will be through a dealer. The best I have seen, sicne I did shop around is 5%-10% off list from a dealer. I think minimaly we are looking at at least a 10% savings with the extras thrown in.



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  5. #15
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GSRT:
    So are these the Groupbuy prices?

    I ask because it appears as though the 4b package is $1190 with free gasket, $100 worth of tuning and the ROMeditor and Datalogging, but on the Hondata website $1190 is listed as the normal price? So, I would be getting the free gasket and $100 worth of tuning for free? I just need clarification.

    Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    This is a better then 10% savings on the package if you added up everything individualy.



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member JaEz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you got mail !!!!!!!!!!

  7. #17
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    Upping the ante biggrin

    Hondata will have ODB1 P28 ECUs plus harness available for $375 as well.



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member ITR1416's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2001
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So your we're looking at:
    Stage 3b $790
    ECU OBD1 with harness $375
    Injectors $299
    Clips $ 30
    Total $1494

    Am I missing anything? And does the stage 3b include datalogging? If not how much more to add that in?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ITR1416:
    So your we're looking at:
    Stage 3b $790
    ECU OBD1 with harness $375
    Injectors $299
    Clips $ 30
    Total $1494

    Am I missing anything? And does the stage 3b include datalogging? If not how much more to add that in?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Another $180 for datalogging option buddy biggrin

  10. #20
    Inactive Member ITR1416's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2001
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks....I know I'm a dumd ass. Cause I saw the price for the datalogging on the post I printed out, that was after I typed in that previuos post. SO guess that's everything. DAM, let me scrape up some pennies!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •